Fast growing companies can now apply to the Florida Venture Forum at any time, not just during our “conference seasons.” Each company’s presenter application will be reviewed by a standing committee of active investors. Additionally, selected companies will be entered into the Forum’s accepted company database, where member investors can review the executive summaries for consideration. Selected companies will be fast-tracked to present at the Forum’s long established investor conferences: The Florida Venture Capital Conference and the Early Stage Capital Conference. Also, companies have the opportunity to be showcased at industry-focused events.
The Forum’s selection committee is led by active venture investors and there are no set selection requirements, including revenue, industry, stage or geography. The committee will assess companies primarily on the basis of likelihood of interest by venture investors, and will look for the following qualities: growth potential, scalability, quality management teams, unique or cutting edge technology, competitive and structural advantages, and traction (user adoption, revenue growth, etc.).
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
The Florida Venture Forum believes diversity and inclusion are critical to the success of its company selection initiatives and processes. We strongly support entrepreneurs of all backgrounds and encourage you to apply. The Forum does not tolerate any form of discrimination, for any reason, at any time. We actively strive to improve representation and diversity within the Florida Venture Forum community to accurately reflect our society. We welcome your suggestions, comments, or concerns, which may be emailed to our CEO directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“THE APPLY ANYTIME PROCESS”
- Complete a simple application and attach an optional one-minute pitch video
- The Forum’s investor led selection committee will meet regularly (at least monthly) to review new applicants.
- A committee member may contact the applicant/founder to ask any questions raised by the committee.
- Accepted companies will be notified by Forum staff
There is no charge to any applicant or accepted company, and the Forum does not seek or retain any interest or equity in any accepted or presenting companies.
Accepted companies will:
- Be entered into the Forum’s searchable “accepted company” database, which is open to hundreds of Forum members and active venture investors ranging from seed to later stage private equity.
- Receive a “Forum Accepted Company” graphic that can be featured on the accepted company’s website
- Be included in regular press announcements and social media
- Receive fast-track consideration (no additional application necessary) for Forum events and conferences where companies are selected to present (separate acceptance process for each event).
- Receive invitations to Forum events, panel and speaking opportunities and other benefits on an invitation-only basis.
- Receive member pricing to attend Forum events where entry fees are charged